Volunteer On-Boarding Information
INTERESTED IN VOLUNTEERING?
- All volunteers must complete a waiver form. Minors must have their waiver filled out by their parent or guardian.
- Volunteers under the age of 16 are required to be accompanied by an adult/ guardian. This person must be present on the farm with the youth throughout the duration of their volunteer shift.
- We encourage everyone to take periodic breaks to rest and enjoy their time on the farm. However, we ask that all volunteers keep in mind the mission we are collectively working towards- to grow accessible, fresh, healthy food for our larger community. This requires volunteers remain focused on their tasks to the best of their ability, throughout their shift.
- We ask that volunteers kindly log their hours on our website when their shift is complete. Logging hours helps us look like good investments to our funders!
- We have a porta-potty on-site.
- Please leave your dog at home.
- We schedule drop-in times and are ready and prepared for you. Please reach out if you would like to come outside the times listed below. We can not garentee we are on site or available to support you. We have on and off site meetings, lunchs and breaks.
- If there is extreme weather or lightning, volunteer time is canceled. If it is raining, check with us first before coming, as we use the rain to catch up on admin work and then go back into the field.
- Gloves, spades, clippers * materials will vary depending on the day and given tasks.
IMPORTANT – 2021 LCF COVID-19 GUIDELINES
Sign up to be part of our Harvest Crew – See you at Drop-In or contact Lee
Sign up to be part of our Weeding Crew – See you at Drop-In or Contact Lee
Sign up to be part of our CSA Distribution Crew
Sign up to be part of our Flower Crew
2022 VOLUNTEER SCHEDULE
|April – May||Spring clean up, bed prep, mulch & compost, seedlings, transplanting.|
|May – September||
Volunteers needed for field-work. Please contact Lee Gadway ([email protected]) to arrange a shift. Drop-in time is Monday, Wednesday 1-3 PM and on Sundays 10AM – 12 Noon then after staff lunch 1-3 PM. For our CSA Harvest Tuesday and Thursday 7 AM – 9 AM.
|June – October||Volunteers needed at CSA distribution, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3-6 PM. Flower Crew is a Sunday only oppertunity. Regularity for this task is greatly desired! Please contact Elsbeth Crowe at [email protected] to sign up for CSA Distribution shifts.|
|June – October||Driving vegetables to our distribution sites in Devens, Lowell, and Leominster. Contact Lynne DeLorenzo at [email protected] to arrange a shift.|
I had fun at the community farm … I learned a lot about how to manage crops and
vegetables while helping to do just that. I helped prepare the farm for a very snowy winter, and learned about management of the farm in winter. Overall, I had a great time working at the farm. Callum, 13 years.
Volunteering at the Farm with my son and his friend this fall was just what the doctor ordered. It was a great way to get the kids outdoors, move, and help the community. It is heartening to have an active institution in my community that is committed to improving the environment, as well as educating and feeding the local community. We will definitely be back this season, and my new skills may even inspire me to start gardening at home again! Jasmin, mother of Callum.