Seed Library at the Reuben Hoar Library
Seed Library Littleton offers anyone in Littleton the opportunity to “borrow” heirloom and open-pollinated seeds for free. The goal is to create a self-sustaining seed library where growers who “borrow” seeds will save and return seeds to the library after they have harvested their crops. Those seeds will then be offered to borrowers during the next growing season and the cycle can repeat itself. Over time, the seeds become stronger and increasingly acclimated to Littleton growing conditions.
Why a seed library?
- To create a source of locally-adapted seeds that grow well in Littleton.
- To educate the community about biodiversity, garden and plant ecology, cultural traditions concerning food and agriculture, heirloom varieties and related topics.
- To build community awareness and connections through partnerships with local non-profits, food producers, horticulture businesses, gardeners, educational institutions, health practitioners, artists and others.
Seed Library Littleton is a partnership between Littleton Community Farm and
RHL has long encouraged ideas of sustainable living through the circulation and sharing of free library materials, information and resources among community members.
Seed saving has been practiced for thousands of years and is part of our cultural heritage. When you participate in Seed Library Littleton you create a culture of sharing and abundance and contribute to the sustainability of our community.
- Promote Seed Library Littleton to your friends, family and the community.
- Become a volunteer by signing up on our volunteer page. We have an annual work party in winter/spring, packaging the seeds and stocking the seed library.
- Read and learn more about seed saving at the library.
- Donate! Cash donations, supplies or your time are needed to keep the seed library going.
Seed Library Littleton is located at
Reuben Hoar Library
41 Shattuck Street
Littleton, MA 01460
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org